Palm Medical Centers is currently seeking a Referrals Coordinator that is responsible for coordinating specialty care for patients in need of external consultation as requested by the primary care physician. The Referral Coordinator will also be responsible for scheduling, tracking, referral case management and providing reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Demonstrates excellent patient relations skills on the phone – (RC) will need to be cheerfully greet patients, engages all patients in a genuine, warm and caring manner.
- Ensure complete and accurate patient demographics and current insurance information.
- Processes patient referrals to specialty providers by preparing medical charts and records for referral patient visits and providing appropriate clinical information to specialist.
- Obtain authorizations for patient referrals to specialists, diagnostic testing and procedures. Advise physician if authorization request is denied.
- Reviews details and expectations about the referral with patients.
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals by recording all referrals into referral log book, transitioning to EHR documentation as available.
- Acts as a resource for patients or providers who have questions or problems relating to referrals.
- Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely manner, prioritizing urgent items appropriately.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to be nice and friendly to our patients
- Knowledge of the medical clinic purpose and operations.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible to travel to both clinic locations weekly.
- Ability to prioritize duties, perform them efficiently and adjust to and accept the unexpected.
Please, you can apply through this link: http://palmmedical.applytojob.com/apply